How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Sumanth Your Own Question
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 9222
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
Dr.Sumanth is online now

I’m a 24 year old male, I’m having a lot of problems with my

This answer was rated:

Hello my name is ***** *****’m a 24 year old male, I’m having a lot of problems with my stomach I’m always frequently belching burping or whatever and always feel full when I’ve eaten and sometimes seems like the food sits on my throat like I’m choking, I’ve taken all anti acidic tablets but nothing isworking!

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. How long have you had this symptom for?

2. Is there any alternating diarrhea and constipation please?

3. Are you experiencing any weight loss or loss of appetite?

4. Are you currently under any type of physical or psychological stress?

5. Is there any family history of irritable bowel syndrome?

6. Are you running any intermittent of recurrent fever?

7. When was your thyroid status last checked and if so how was it?

8. Is there any family history of inflammatory bowel disease?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1, I have had this for over a year maybe longer but symptoms are getting worse
2, I’m constipated
3, no I am hungry a lot but the foot either sits on my chest or comes back up
4, I suffer from anxiety
5, my grandparents have irritable bowl
6, no I seem fine just cough to clear my throat a lot
7, never had it checked
8, I’m not sure

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).

Irritable bowel syndrome, or "IBS," is a condition that causes belly pain and problems with bowel movements. Some people with the condition have frequent, watery bowel movements (diarrhea). Others do not have enough bowel movements (constipation). Some patients switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation.

Symptoms include:

●Stomach pain and cramps, related to a bowel movement

●Diarrhea or constipation (some people switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation)



There is no specific test or investigation of choice.

You can:

●Start a diary to keep track of what you ate each day, what you did, and how you felt. That way, you can figure out if anything you do or eat makes your symptoms better or worse.

●Stop eating foods that might be making your IBS worse. Start by giving up foods that give you gas, and then give up milk, ice cream, and other foods that have traces of milk for 2 weeks.

●Eat more fiber, if you have constipation. You can do this by eating more fruits and vegetables. Or you can take fiber pills or powders. (If eating more fiber makes symptoms worse, cut back on the fiber.)

●Exercise. Do something active for 20 to 60 minutes, 3 to 5 days a week. Studies show this helps improve IBS symptoms.

Medicines can ease the symptoms of IBS. But no treatment can cure the condition. Counseling might also help with IBS, because stress and worry can make the condition worse.

The medicines that can help with IBS symptoms include:

●Medicines to ease diarrhea

●Medicines to ease constipation

●Antidepressants – These medicines work by blocking pain. When used to treat IBS, they are given at a much lower dose than would normally be given to treat depression.

●Medicines called "antispasmodics"

●Antibiotics – These medicines sometimes help with bloating and diarrhea in some people.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Dr.Sumanth and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
breathlessness I have been put on antibiotics and steroid tablets but I’m still experiencing the same symptoms especially half way through the night I wake up gasping for air so what do you suggest now

This seems to be a different health query as compared to original one.

As per site regulations you need to start a new thread please!

I am also site user like you, only that I am a health care professional.

Thank you for understanding!