NorthernHeart
NorthernHeart, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal Medicine, Gen Cardiology, Nuclear Card, Echocard
70615384

I am a 37 year old living in Canada and had an ablation done

Customer Question

I am a 37 year old living in Canada and had an ablation done in Hong Kong back in September. The ablation was done for PVCs in the RVOT posterior and before the ablation I was getting 10% PVCs per day. After the ablation the PVCs went away and it recently started to come back at 9% per day. I have tried bisoprolol and it doesn't help. I have high blood pressure for which I take amlodipine 10mg for daily. I am otherwise healthy, normal weight and height and exercise daily. I completed an echocardiogram, stress test last year and it is normal. My blood work is also normal. The PVC's are monomorphic and this is confirmed with recent holter report. I get palpitations, and minor chest pain as a result of these PVCs. The Canadian health care system does not consider 10% PVCs per day as being a burden and the wait times are very long for an ablation so I am considering private treatment in the UK for my 2nd ablation.
I have these questions:
1) What is the approximate cost of an ablation in the UK, keeping in mind it would be a day procedure with no complications? I last spent around 15,000 GBP equivalent in Hong Kong.
2) Would I be able to schedule a consultation and do the ablation at a private hospital within the same week of my arrival into the UK? I would arrive on a Saturday and leave the following Sunday
3) Do you do ablations and if you do not, would you be able to recommend somebody who can speak to me on the phone initially? I would still meet with them for a face to face consult but I want to get it setup that I can get the ablation in the same week as I do not have very many vacation days for my job
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Why do you want to travel to the UK for this?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't want to go to Asia at this time with the coronavirus and also because the flight is a lot further away
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have any other health problems .. Are you a cardiologist in the UK? It shows you are a opthemologist.