Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I'm getting ectopics all day especially in my throat, it

Customer Question

I'm getting ectopics all day especially in my throat, it happens more when I stand up and move around or change posture, my heart beats at different rates and feels irregular I'm really scared
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 18 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Are you experiencing them more while lying in your left lateral position?

2. Are you experiencing any loss of consciousness?

3. Is there any breathlessness even after mild exercise?

4. Is there any chest pain which is radiating to the left hand and left jaw?

5. When the chest pain occurs is it only palpitations which you are experiencing or is there any excessive sweating also?

6. How frequently are you experiencing these symptoms and palpitations?

7. Is there any swelling of the feet?

8. How is your urine output?

9. Are these palpitations associated with stress and anxiety?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
1. No
2. No but I'm feeling faint
3. I have some breathlessness
4. No chest pain
5. No sweating
6. I'm experiencing them every few beats especially when I stand up
7.no swelling
8. Urine is fine
9. No they are associated mainly with standing or changing postureI'm worried I've got cpvt

I am typing my response please.

Hello, from your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having premature ventricular beats (PVB) or premature ventricular contractions (PVC).

If it was CPVT there would be a lot of emotional stress and even flushed appearance and feel due to catecholamine surge.

These are extra beats that happen before a normal heartbeat. The heart is divided into 4 sections, called chambers. PVBs start in 1 of the 2 lower chambers, called the ventricles.

PVBs are caused by a problem with the heart's electrical system, in which the ventricles send abnormal electrical signals. These signals cause the extra beats. VPBs are common. They can happen in healthy people.

Symptoms can be -

●Feeling like the heart is beating hard, beating fast, or seems to skip a beat – These heartbeat changes are called palpitations.

●Feeling dizzy or lightheaded

●A pounding feeling in the neck

You might be more likely to notice PVBs when you lie quietly in bed at night or lie on your left side.

Treatment depends on what is causing the PVBs and whether they cause symptoms. If you do not have symptoms, you might not need any treatment.

Possible treatments include -

●Medicines to control the speed or rhythm of your heartbeat

●A procedure called "ablation" – During this procedure, the doctor uses heat (called "radiofrequency ablation") or cold (called "cryoablation") to destroy the small part of the heart that is sending the abnormal electrical signals. You might have this treatment if medicines do not control PVBs.

Hope I have attended your query to your satisfaction. I will be happy to help if there are any further questions in this regard and be of assistance to you please.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Mine happen more when I stand up could this be cpvt, also i do get flushed and they happen more when I'm stressed am i going to die i have these extra beats constantly

100% no risk of death.

If you are perceiving them more while standing up suddenly from sitting posture - it might be a simple POTS - postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
They also happen more when my heart rate is high, and I can feel them in my throat not in my chest why is this

That is now any faster heart rate or tachyarrythmias make you feel.

But from your history I could surmise they are not causing you any hemodynamic compromise.

A simple solution is taking an EKG.

If it is normal and you are still symptomatic then - a holter monitoring will settle the issue.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
is it normal to feel them more when you stand, I've had a holter and he said there no signs of cpvt but I wasn't having the ectopics then

Then it could be a simple POTS.

Please get a tilt table test done.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can pots cause ectopic beats

It can cause palpitations and these can mimics ectopics.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it might not actually be ectopics I'm feeling it could just be normal palpitations
Ectopics and normal palpitations are not too different from one another.
As long as they are not causing any debilitating symptoms nothing need to be worried about.
Palpitation is a symptom and ectopic is the cause it is as simple as that.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My heart rate is high now and I keep getting ectopics is that a sign of cpvt
That alone is never a symptom of CPVT.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 15 days ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani