Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I’m getting so worried about my breathing. I feel like I

I’m getting so worried about my breathing. I feel like I can’t get enough oxygen in me.like breathless. Like I’m not satisfied with my breathe. It is so scary. I am healthy 19 year old female dancer so this is scares me a lot. I have had really band anxiety over the last couple of months but I don’t know whetherthis is related to that. This has been going on for a month I think. But it is way more noticeable!

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

Have I spoken about this with you before?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I spoke to a nurse today and she said it was anxiety linked. I just it want to to go now! I don’t know how to make it go. It’s is making me panic

I can understand, anxiety is a terrifying and rather unpleasant thing. How long have you had the breathing problem for?

I understand it costs, but would you want to discuss this?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have never experienced anxiety before in my life. Ever since the coronavirus I have been in a state of fear everyday for my family/ friends and myself. But this breathing thing is happening constantly now I feel. I just worry that it is my lungs failing or something .
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What happens if it’s coronavirus ?!!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m freaking out!

How long have you had the breathing problem?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’ve had it in and off it has been really bad over the last 2 weeks

So certainly it sounds like anxiety, but would it help if you were assessed by someone to listen to your chest and check that your oxygen saturations are normal? I think that this would be reasonable given how you feel

Do you think that would be worth doing?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I get so much anxiety from that
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think I would have a panic attack if I went to the hospital

I understand. Well it certainly sounds like anxiety, but if you do feel well, please be sensible about it and seek advice if you need to

I would be happy to chat about this if you want. But I am not sure if you feel you would gain anything from that.

If not, could you kindly rate my response so that I am credited for answering questions, I would then be happy to leave this thread open if you want to ask anything else

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, so I have realised that I had this issue about 2 months ago, where I felt like my breathes were not big enough and I start to breathe fast. It was after I carried a really box and my chest front really tight. I was told that it was muscle strain. But that pain has come back. And when I press on my chest near my sternum it hurts. I feel so hungry for air. It is petrifying.