Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I have a 24 hrs ECG report and need a cardiologist to

Hi I have a 24 hrs ECG report and need a cardiologist to interpret it
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No medication I have sent it to my GP but I wanted to see the opinion of a cardiologist
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I was born with a small mitral valve prolapse and since march I am extremely anxious, get hot flashes, and dizziness. I had a panick attack in march and since then these symptoms are constant

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff. I am quite happy to interpret your 24 hour ECG if you are able to submit the file.

Do you get palpitations as well please? Also any associated Shortness of breath?

Finally, have you had a recent echocardiogram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you so much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gained about 15 kg since a year ago and I went through a divorce and year. I'm 36. In march I had a stressful day at work went home, didn't manage to eat all day but had several coffees and cigarettes. At home I took a hot bath which made me sweat and then I started feeling very weak like I couldn't stand. I panicked my heart started racing I thought I dont have a pulse I felt like I'm fainting and my body gets jelly and I started crying and running to make my heart work. My boyfriend found me and went out with me. I felt like I need air and to move, that if I sit I'll die. After 30 mins out I calmed but started shaking uncontrollably. Since then I get almost every day periods of lightheadedness and dizziness and I constantly worry about my health. I wake up and I just feel sad and a knot in my stomach then dizzy then I get hot flashes and feel like I'm gonna faint. Like I've a weight on my chest. It gets worse before and after my period
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did my blood test and thyroid in march. All good. Now I'm waiting for a nurse to come home and get blood to make a full biochemistry and blood profile again. I'm constantly thinking and googling about brain tumors or all types of cancer and try to see if my symptoms fit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a call but can it be in an hour? So I have my blood taken in between

Thank you for your history. I have had a look at your 24hr ECG summary. This is reassuring, you do have regular ectopics which can be very normal, good resting heart rate with some tachy(fast) episodes. No Atrial Fibrillation (irrgularity).

Your symptoms from stress, cigarettes and caffeine intake, following by a hot bath - this is enough to give any of us the sweats/palpitations. You have to be very cautious with this, as this with anxiety is not good for you.

As you are often having a fast heart rate and your history, an Echocardiogram would be a useful test to conclude the investigations for your heart, but blood tests are also useful.

I would agree with your initial suggestion that this is more likely anxiety/lifestyle induced and not cardiac at all.

I am happy to talk about this further if you would feel more comfortable, just let me know when is a good time to speak

If you then click on the telephone request it will come through to me, I can then call you back when suitable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, in an hour. Will the "call me " link still be available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we have the call in an hour pleas

I am not sure sorry

I take that back, it has come up - let me know a time please and I will call then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11:30? Or anytime after is good for me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry can it be later please? My nurse is still late for taking blood.
In the meantime I looked at my blood results in march and I did the CRP HS was 0.58
And the clotting status MPV was 10.6 ( out of max 13)while the platelet count was 284 ( out of max 400)

No worries. Let me know when you are free and I will call

Are you free now?