Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

What are the side effects for taking colchicine, I am taking

Customer Question

What are the side effects for taking colchicine, I am taking this as I have been recently diagnosed with pericarditis
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 days ago.

The side effects of colchicine are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, cramping, diarrhea, loss of appetite, dizziness, hair loss, flushing (warmth or tingly feeling), headache, and frequent urination. You might experience some of these symptoms and common ones are those affecting your gut.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the “Finish with Rating” button or selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave the website/app.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am also enquiring a second opinion as before I was prescribed these tablets my partner and I were trying for a baby. Will take this medication affect fertility or cause harm to the baby.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
trying
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for the reply.

It is a safe drug and does not cause harm to the fetus if conceived and followed the recommended doses.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.