Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I don't know if this is a question for your area - but I

Hi I don't know if this is a question for your area - but I know there are sometimes links....
For the last nine months I have high pitch noise in one ear that matches my heart beat, when I am active it gets a lot louder,
, and occasionally there is a tapping noise which follows. I am 51, and have put on three two and a half stone in the last 3/4 years.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us this evening.

Any high pitched noise can be tinnitus, and anything that is one sided/unilateral should always be investigated. However to begin with it would be important to get your ears checked that this is no obstructive cause first.

I would then arrange an Audiology examination to assess your hearing. This is useful at identifying if there could be a hearing loss associated this which could be aggravating the sound. Finally given your symptoms I would also arrange an MRI head to assess your middle ear as there are some benign causes which can be addressed.

I hope this helps, please do feel free to ask any further questions.

Just regarding your weight gain, I do not think this would be associated with these particular symptoms.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have a few queries regarding my health, I haven't seen a doctor for a while and nothing seems urgent enough to warrant a visit - so I do apologize for asking too many questions!

Please do not worry, please go ahead and ask any further questions...