Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I'd like to do a cardiology check-up. But every time I make

Customer Question

Hi I'd like to do a cardiology check-up. But every time I make one. The answer is always the same. You're healthy...
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I don't feel well, I have very high blood pressure, sometimes it beats very very hard, I feel a lump in my chest then it moves into my neck. And I'm starting to have terrible headaches, especially behind the ears or at the top of my head
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: I've been to a lot of check-ups, but he said I'm always okay, the last one was last year. I've got people in my family, they died of cardiac arrest. My mom has blood pressure problems, and my grandma
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really,
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr.Mark. Happy to assist you. I’m a board certified physician and have treated cardiac patients for over 30 years.
How old are you?
Do you get chest pains or shortness of breath?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
What I do for a cardiac evaluation is take a complete medical history and do a physical examination. I look for all cardiac risk factors. Such as high cholesterol, hypertension, family history of premature heart disease, obesity, diabetes, smoking, etc. If any of these risk factors are present I treat them . I do a baseline electrocardiogram and blood work for cholesterol and LDL and HDL. Also blood for HS CRP. Additional workup can include a stress test and a heart CAT scan for calcium score. All of this information tells me one’s cardiac risk. This is my approach. Any questions?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is there any way I can make an appointment with you?
I'm a person who I'm consuming myself a lot, lately I also have some problems with my husband and hence my stress and annoyance level is much higher. Every day I feel sick, and sometimes in the evening I have ugly episodes. The very large heartbeat, a lump in the chest, which after moving in the throat . And from there it hurts very much behind my ears and then climbs up to the top of my head, sometimes with accompanied dizziness.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
I’d be happy to see you but I’m in the states.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am nearly 25. Sometimes when I have the lump in the chest, it hurts. I breathe hard, when the lump is in the throat
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Too bad, I am living in UK
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
It would be extremely rare at your age to have heart disease. You are under a lot of stress and most likely these symptoms are due to anxiety. Nonetheless I would do some basic blood work . The HS CRP is very reliable for detecting heart disease.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What do you think the steps are to find out where the problems come from?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
As I stated above, the physical, blood work and electrocardiogram. If they are all normal then your stress needs to be addressed.