DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have had very intermittent ectopic beats for the least few

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have had very intermittent ectopic beats for the least few years. I saw a cardiologist nearly two years ago who did an ecg, echo, stress echo, event monitor and all were clear.
JA: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've experienced (e.g. shortness of breath, heart palpitations, minor physical effort making you feel tired)?
Customer: in the last two weeks they have changed slightly, they are usually brought on by eating and having a full tummy (I suffer with sibo) so my stomach is very irritable. last week I had a few thuds after some sugar and a few sips of a fizzy drink, then yesterday I had this quite intense fluttery feeling in my heart which made me jump up and lasted about 5 seconds. I’ve had this feeling before but only for about 2/3 seconds at a time. Always brought on after eating and sitting so that my stomach is slightly squashed
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No fainting, dizziness, I exercise fine with no problems, however this little run I had yesterday slightly took my breath away
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 9 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
39
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
2 children 9 and 6

Thanks for the details

I would suggest to have a repeat ECG

If that is normal then you have a thyroid function test and 24 hour Holter monitoring

That will help in picking up any abnormal heart rhythm

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok do you think it could be related to gastric problems? So roemheld syndrome. As there is always a link to having a full stomach

Yes it can

At time a distended stomach can press on the heart and give such symptoms too