Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Dr
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I wanted to know about pacemakers, yes its regarding my

Hi I wanted to know about pacemakers
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes its regarding my mother she has low blood pressure
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: she has been
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: she had a pacemaker but it had to be taken out last year because it got infected now she is unwell and waiting for a pacemaker to be fitted

Hi, thanks for reaching out. What did you want to know about pacemakers?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My mother is waiting for a pacemaker to be fitted but her blood pressure is low can we get a temporary pacemaker fitted to boast her blood pressure so a permanent what can be fitted

Thanks for the discussion. As we said, temporary pacemakers are generally for emergency and very limited use only. Usually more efforts would go into getting someone fit for a permanent system such as by administering fluids or medication that can lift the blood pressure up or at the minimum, stop medications that might lower the blood pressure further. All the very best to you and mum.

I hope that helps. I'd be grateful if you'd consider kindly leaving a short review. All the best to you both again.