Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I had a very large heart attack in december at the age of 41

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I had a very large heart attack in december at the age of 41 and had a stent fitted. since then ive not had any follow ups and have continued to have chest pains and tightening since then.
JA: Are you experiencing any shortness of breath or chest pain? Is there a history of heart disease in your family?
Customer: i have shortness of breath im tired all the time. and yes my farther is in heart failure .
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 17 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you're still symptomatic. I think it's important to do a few things:

1. Contact your GP when able and ask them to increase your anti-anginal medication

2. Ask them to get in touch with cardiology about seeing you more urgently in clinic

3. You should also contact the cardiology department yourself when able and ask for an expedited appointment to be seen

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank all these have been done. i have a phone appointment with the cardiologist nurse next week , doctor was not very helpfull and increased my betablocker . I use my GTA a lot through the week and take all my medication. i feel like im at a complete loss.
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 16 days ago.

increasing the beta blocker is the most cardio-protective action that can be taken. If you're needing the GTN that much and it's helping each time it's worth asking for consideration of isosorbide mononitrate m/r 30mg once daily from your GP which is a sustained release of the GTN medication over the course of the day.