Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I was walking up on the treadmill today, heart rate about

Customer Question

I was walking up hill on the treadmill today, heart rate about 115 and I felt a 1 pvc fire off. Is this bad doing cardio and feeling a pvc?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 21 days ago.

Hi Dr Hayat here..If you are previously fit and well which I presume you are, you need not worry..Occasional PVCs can happen in healthy hearts too and you need not worry. Neither does it need any further investigation.

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 21 days ago.

Is there anything else you need to ask ?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi I do have history of PVCs pacs and short bursts of NSVT but very rare occasions and some days I do not get PVCs. I have had echos and they were fine twice. Stress test also fine. Heart monitors showing pvcs and pacs maybe 20 per day. And NSVT once a month or once every 2 months
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 21 days ago.

Have you seen a cardiologist about it?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I’ve seen a cardiologist
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
He didn’t seem worried
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I’ve seen 3 cardiologists
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
All weren’t particularly concerned
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 21 days ago.

That's fine then. If he is happy too after the physical examination and all the echo,  then it's not something to worry about.  I would suggest taking a beta blocker like tablet bisopralol 2.5mg once daily..it will take care of your heart..

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. I will ask about medication. I actually tried bisopropol a while ago 2.5mg but I had more PVCs on the particular days I took it. Maybe just a coincidence but may ask to try it again. Are their other beta blockers like bisopralol that are also similar that I could maybe try?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 21 days ago.

Yes you can try carvedalol 6.25mg half a tablet daily. I think that might be a coincidence as you just said and its worth trying it again

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. When I next see my cardiologist I will ask him about that.
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 21 days ago.

Pleasure.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  Have a nice day.