ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

Every time I have a very stressful situation and the next

Customer Question

Every time I have a very stressful situation and the next day I sometimes get more PVCs or sometimes a very quick run of what I would say 3 fast beats together at once. Where my heart feels completely out of rhythm and control for a few beats let’s say.
I’ve seen cardiologists had stress test, echos and ecgs but I have under 1% of PVCs. They don’t seem concerned about my short bursts of nsvt. But this really scares me and makes me more stressed after an episode
I’m 30 years old, gym 3/4 times a week and have a healthy diet. Don’t smoke or drink alcohol. I don’t understand why this happens to me. Could it be because I’m a very stressful person who is constantly anxious? Thanks
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  ravikumarr replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

this is called extra beats ro extra systoles and it is very common  in the general population.

some feel the extra beats and some don't. if the 24 hour tape is normal and if the echo also normal then that means that your heart is structurally intact and there's no need for any concern

Would one be recommended to have your thyroid functions checked as sometimes an overactive thyroid can present with the palpitations

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Well my 24 hour heart monitor showed a 3 beat run of NSVT and 5 PVCs
It’s the NSVT that scares me as I feel as though my heart is running away with such an unregulated rhythm but no one seems too concerned due to it not happening very regular
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’ve had everything checked and they can’t find anything
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Only PVCs and NSVT

if the symptoms are very troubling then for NSVT, ablation can be tried. it is done under general anesthesia.

3 beat run is not of any concern. it is the balance between sympathetic and parasympathetic tone and influence on the cardiac pacemaker which is the SA node .

usually intervention  is required if there is associated collapses or black outs.