Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I keep on getting a very fast Hart rate when I sit down and

I keep on getting a very fast Hart rate when I sit down and it gets fast very quickly when I walk I get sore chest and so tune my hands and feet go numb and I struggle to breathe

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Have you had this investigated before?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have had bloods taken for clots and for hormones and chest exry and I'm waiting for a eco gram done but so far nothing has cam back with anything

Excellent, that is reassuring. Has anyone discussed with you that this is most likely anixety?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No they haven't sead that my resting Hart rate is 100 and can go up to 200 when cooking or watching TV I have bean amited to hospital with it 2 time this year

I see, okay, so there is a condition called POTS - postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. An echocardiogram is useful but you should ask your doctor about this as they can do some tests. Treatment is with medication to stop your heart rate going too high and prevent these symptoms.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am on verapamil 240mgbut that dosent do much to help
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What are the effects of having a fast Hart rate for a long time

It depends how fast, as if very fast it can impact your blood supply, but going up and down as yours is, unlikely to have an effect.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK thank you

No problem, take care.