tazechip
tazechip, MD
Experience:  Yeard of experience in Critical Care Medicine
18722459

I have asked this question earlier but am still waiting for

Hi.I have asked this question earlier but am still waiting for a full response. However, the question is now marked as completed so not sure if I will get an answer, therefore I am submitting the question again.I have an apple watch with the ability to take an ECG. I generally take 2 ECGs a day out of curiosity and to make use of the feature on my watch. Until now, all results have come up as sinus rythms (I have had the watch for around 4-5 months).However, today I had a reading of A-fib. However, a few readings I took immediately after were all sinus rythms so I am not sure if the A-fib was a false positive. In the reading, I had two PVC beats which I think may have caused this. However, I have previously also had a PVC beat during a reading and it still shows that it is a sinus rythm. I will share a PDF of the ECGs but am looking to find out whether this is something I should be concerned about or not.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

The watch is misreading that one ECG

Like the other two it shows normal sinus rhythm and not afib

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you Dr. Chip. Any idea for why it may be misreading that ECG?Also, are the PVCs anything to worry about?

These devices just do that sometimes

An occasional PVC is nothing to worry about

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay thanks for all your help Dr. Chip

My pleasure