Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I was having weried type of pain in back of my neck, couple

Customer Question

I was having weried type of pain in back of my neck, couple of days ago,, I checked my BP and it was 145/95 since then i am checking regularly and very few time it was 125/75 otherwise it is in range of 135-148/80-98.is this is serious, i have started exercise, is there anything else i can do to reduce my BP?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 19 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Are you still experiencing the neck pain?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Do you think it's exercise related?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no exercise started after this, may be because of my work as most of the time i am sitting and using laptop,

I suspect it likely is due to posture then which makes sense, and when we have any discomfort really the BP will rise somewhat to reflect that. Your blood pressure is slightly elevated and doing the exercise is fantastic at reducing this. You should also cut as much salt out of your diet as possible including in packaged foods, this makes a massive difference. If after a few months of these steps you're blood pressure is still elevated then at that stage you may need to consider adding medication but given it's not that high these steps may be enough.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks i will try to correct my posture, could you let me know the range where i should see the dr?

Really if it's consistently above 130 it's worth seeing them so they can test it with their machines but if less than this just keep on doing the above. You're very welcome indeed, glad I could help. Come back if you've further questions and all the very best.