Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I was diagnosed with Heart Failure last year and I had an

Hi, I was diagnosed with Heart Failure last year and I had an episode of Ventricular Tachycardia a few months ago. My cardiologist has me on Codarone 200mg once daily, Bisoprolol 10mg, Entresto 49/51mg Twice Daily and Rosuvastatin 10mg once daily. I was previously taking Ramipril 10mg once daily before I was changed to Entresto last June. Since then, I have noticed a strange sensation which I can only describe as my head feeling disconnected from the rest of my body and I have this kind of swishing sound in my head when I am walking around. It happens mostly from about 6pm onwards every day. Could this be a side effect of the Entresto and/or Codarone as I never experienced this feeling before I was prescribed both medications last June?

Thank you for contacting Just Answer, I will just review your question

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also, I forgot to mention that I had a Loop Recorder device implanted in September.

It is possible. Entresto commonly causes dizziness and vertigo, therefore can indeed affect your vestibular system. This may be responsible for your symptoms

Amiadarone doesn’t commonly have this affect

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay that's good to know. I will mention it to my cardiologist and see if I can be changed from Entresto to a similar kind of medication.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Which obviously doesn't cause dizziness and vertigo side effects.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your help.

That is my pleasure, all the best