Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Help please feels like someone is sqeezing my heart serve

Customer Question

Help please feels like someone is sqeezing my heart serve pain
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My age is 18 years old, I am a female, I have had these symptoms for two weeks straight the sqeezing heart pain lasts 24 hours a day. I have seen a doctor they did 4 ecgs, bloods, chest X-ray everything came back perfect but sqeezing heart pain is still serve.

Thank you for your reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes as we often have our offline work to deal with and also sometimes a number of customers at the same time.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok

You are having health anxiety. You are just going through an acute episode of stress and this is causing your symptoms. The heart pain is not related to the heart but to your stress and anxiety.

You need to calm down and get over this. The primary cause of your anxiety is health anxiety. You do not have any physical cause of the symptoms, the cause is mental and these are functional symptoms.

You should see your Family Physician / Primary care physician and ask about stress/depression which can set off this health anxiety. Anti anxiety medicines will benefit you greatly - ask for them. You can also ask for a referral to a psychiatrist who can deal with stress and anxiety better.

You have to focus on your health anxiety and not think about getting the symptoms treated. It is only by treating your health anxiety that you will be able to come out of this cycle and regain control over your life.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay so you believe they should do no further tests if my heart bloods,X-ray and ecgs all came back clear I presumed they should check for blocked artries but they said no need for further tests even if my heart feels as if someone is sqeezing it and it is giving me serve pain as the bloods would show up things.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The pain is also raditing to my left jaw and arm and my heart honestly feels as if someone is sqeezing it but I have no palpitations or shortness of breath etc just serve heart sqeezing that’s radiating so I do not understand why they won’t pursure more tests if they have not found out what is causing it since my bloods,X-ray and ecg came back clear

No more heart tests. Just get anti anxiety treatments from your doctor and you will be fine.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
you do not think they should follow out an echo or a test to check for blocked arties although my heart is being sqeezing and is causing my physical pain that is radiating to my left jaw arm for two weeks straight all the time

Not at all, no more cardiac tests.