Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

May I have some advice

Customer Question

Hi may I have some advice
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 17years of experience in the field of Medicine. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

How may I help you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have had this feeling for 2 weeks it lasts all day effects my sleep etc, it feels as if someone is squeezing my heart all the time and it is causing very uncomfortable pain radiating to jaw left arm main pain is in heart. I have gotten 4ecgs 2 chest X-ray and bloods. All came back clear but heart pain is still serve 24/7 sqeezing. I am a female , I am 18 years old
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

1. May I know your gender please?
  2. Are you experiencing any loss of consciousness?
  3. Is there any breathlessness even after mild exercise?
  4. Is the chest pain or pressure radiating to the left hand and left jaw?
  5. When the chest pain occurs are there any palpitations which you are experiencing or is there any excessive sweating also?
  6. How frequently are you experiencing these symptoms and since how long?
  7. Does crowded environment and too many people or stressful situations aggravate the symptoms?
  8. Is there any swelling of the feet?
  9. How is your urine output?
  10. Do you feel these pain symptoms are associated with stress and anxiety?
  11. Did you get echocardiography anytime- and any family history of structural heart diseases?
  12. Can you upload all your reports here?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am female
I have not lost consciousness
It is radiating to left jaw and hand
The heart sqeezing pain is here all the time
No palpitations or sweating.
The sqeezing pain is there all the time lasted two weeks
I don’t think so
No swelling of feet
Urine is fine
I do not think they are associated with stess r anxiety as feels like someone had my heart abs is sqeezing it
I got an echo two years ago it was clear
My dad has heart mumor, both grandads have had heart attack
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

Please hold on

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.
From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the medical history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Unstable angina. An EKG is in line - but at times it can be normal too. Blood tests, to check for creatine kinase and cardiac biomarkers (troponin) that leak from your heart muscle if it's been damaged are indicated. But extremely unlikely at your age and gender.
  2. Premature ventricular contractions. These are also very common and do not require any treatment unless you have the symptoms which I have inquired above.
  3. Mitral valve prolapse which is extremely common in general population and its not be worried about.
  4. Bicuspid aortic valve - but again this needs echocardiography.
  5. Stress or anxiety associated symptoms.

I have put this as the last possibility, because I would like to consider this only after rolling out the organic causes.
But something I am glad to assure you is that you do not have anything serious cardiac was going on.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I got a blood test for troponin but none was found.I got an echo two years ago so should i get another echo??
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Did you read about the tests I told you I already got last week??
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

I read and requested the reports to be uploaded.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have gotten 4 ecgs which were normal.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
All bloods came back normal they tested for heart disease etc. chest X-ray was also normal.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

If trop is normal then the only thing left would be the last possibility of stress and anxiety.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay so you do not feel that they need to follow out with more tests to check for blocked arties or anytning if my heart blood tests are normal
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.
No I would not recommend any.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay why would you recommend for the serve sqeezing heart pain
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

Did you mean what?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.
I suggest -
  1. Drink a lot of water and especially take few sips when you are experiencing these symptoms.
  2. Take deep breaths and self suggest yourself that you are going to be alright and that you do not have any serious ailment.
  3. Count till 8 seconds 1 - 8 while breathing in and hold of 8 seconds and then again count till 8 seconds 1 - 8 while breathing out. THIS REALLY HELPS A LOT.
  4. Try breathing exercises/ yoga and pranayama under the guidance of a trained professional.
  5. Keep yourself busy and constantly involved in the work you like most - even some hobby.
  6. For the radiating pain (IF ANY) - Gabapentin or Amitryptiline can work wonders, but this is a prescription drug and you will require a doctor's prescription for it.
  7. If these suggestions are not working then, after evaluation you might require anxiolytic medications please.