Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Help please

Customer Question

Help please
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 16 days ago.

Good evening, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi I’ve been having serve squeezing pain in my heart extremely sore it is lasting all day and night for last two weeks. Got 2 chest X-rays, 4 ecgs and blood tests they were all clear. No palpitations or shortness of breath just serve squeezing heart pain. Right now the sqeezing pain is serve and I think I’m having a heart attack

I am sorry to hear about that, I'm glad however that your tests have been normal. How old are you and do you have any other medical problems?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am 18 and no other medical problems.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My heart is being sqeezed so badly right now am I having a heart attack ???

I see. This is almost certainly anxiety and likely the discomfort you're feeling is simply spasms of your oesophagus secondary to the anxiety. It's definitely not a heart attack. Try to remain calm and I would suggest seeking help with the anxiety and it will settle I assure you. I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay you do not think the tightness in my heart is from a blocked valvue or reduced blood flow? The sqeezing pain in heart is here 24/7 it never subsides sometimes gets better but never fully goes away but right now it feels like someone is holding my heart and sqeezing it so tight
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello please reply I’m so scared
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello please reply it literally feels like someone is sqeezing my heart like crazy and won’t let it go, do you think it is to do with reduced blood flow because of a blocked arty etc????

No it's definitely not that don't worry. Your normal tests disprove any of those. I promise you this is anxiety. Please do what you can to get that addressed and I'm certain you'll feel better for it. 

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello it still feels like someone is sqeezing my heart and that I’m having a heart attack or angina or reduced blood flow to my heart or block valvue should I ring an ambulance or what should I do if tests are clear it won’t go away getting worse

I would advise you to get some Gaviscon and take 10mls of that and try as best you can to relax. As I've mentioned there is no chance you have a blocked valve given the above normal tests.