Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I feel like tired. That's why I avoid doing things that

Customer Question

I feel like tired. That's why I avoid doing things that require effort. But once I start doing something I feel ok .I feel I can do it. I am a bit aneamic and I suspect that my blood pressure is low. Can one of these factors affect my routine making me like that ? I mean low blood pressure or aneamia ?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

I'm sorry to hear about what's been troubling you. Anaemia definitely leads to tiredness and effort intolerance. Have you had your blood pressure checked at all?

I would ask for a blood pressure assessment and also the level of anaemia that you have. You should be on iron treatment if your levels are low and also should make sure to drink at least 2.5L of water a day and get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. You should also consider asking your GP to check your thyroid function blood test just in case an underactive thyroid gland is the cause of your symptoms. 

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.