The pain can be due to two causes:
- Costochondritis - which is inflammation of the cartilage of the ribs.
- Gastric reflux Disease with acid reflux (GERD)
If you had indigestion, then the pain is due to GERD.
Please take the following steps and see if they help.
- Take Prevacid tablets twice daily
- Take sips of cold milk or small amounts of ice cream to neutralize the gastric acid and cool the tissues
- Taking antacids like Tums also helps.
- Do not take solid and liquid food together. Allow a gap of at least 1 hour between the two.
- Do not lie down immediately after eating.
- Ask your doctor to test you for the presence of H. Pylori in your stomach. This is a small parasite which enters the body through food and drink and causes severe gastritis.
- Try to decrease stress as far as possible.