Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I'm 40 and the symptoms have been going on for about 3

Customer Question

Hi I'm 40 and the symptoms have been going on for about 3 months. I have pain at my upper front left chest below clavicle. The pain is present when I move my left arm or roll the shoulder. It also hurts at the end if a yawn sometimes it feel like a sharp pain around my armpit. My left trapezius seems swollen although doesn't hurt and I have been having physio incase is was my muscle. My neck on the left side sometimes feel stiff. I also get flashes of heat in my hand if I raise my arm. I have recently had moments of faintness or light-headedness and fwwlokgs of anxiety too
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi I'm 40 and the symptoms have been going on for about 3 months. I have pain at my upper front left chest below clavicle. The pain is present when I move my left arm or roll the shoulder. It also hurts at the end if a yawn sometimes it feel like a sharp pain around my armpit. My left trapeziusseems swollen although doesn't hurt and I have been having physio incase is was my muscle. My neck on the left side sometimes feel stiff. I also get flashes of heat in my hand if I raise my arm. I have recently had moments of faintness or light-headedness and fwwlokgs of anxiety

please give me a moment

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you, I want to tell you that this type of situation seems to be closely related to a condition called costo-sternal joint syndrome, syndrome of inflammation of the joints that join the sternum with the ribs usually causes intercostal neuritis, that is, a compression with a subsequent inflammation of the intercostal nerves that usually triggers pain, this type of situation should be diligently treated with drugs of the family of analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or diclofenac; any of these two medications every 8 hours for 3 days will be very useful added of course to a rest with a decrease in the realization of effort or exaggerated weight lifting that can become counterproductive for such situations, finally you have to realize that all chest pain should be evaluated by a doctor in person to perform analysis and specific clinical studies such as an electrocardiogram, laboratory tests and a chest x-ray as well as a thorough physical examination to help us rule out any heart condition that may be influencing this pain you have, I would like you to keep me abreast of your health situation to know about your evolution in the coming days I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can.