Dr Ahmad
Dr Ahmad,
Experience:  Expert
116987717

My wife had two heart attacks in the past. Subsequently, she

Customer Question

My wife had two heart attacks in the past. Subsequently, she has stents placed in her chest. It was diagnosed that she has narrow arteries. Sometimes she feels as if her heart is not working as strongly as it supposed to be - particularly when the weather is still (no breeze). She feels normal when the air is not still. Do you think it is because she has narrow arteries or because perhaps the stents are not working. Is there any process of monitoring the performance or functioning of the stents by the way of x-ray, CT scanning, etc?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 15 days ago.

Hi welcome to JA.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Could you text your reply please.
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

How old is your wife? What do you mean she feels her heart is not as strong? what actual symptoms does she get? any chest pain/shortness of breath/palpitations?

Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

I presume your query has been resolved as you did not get back to us. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She is 70 years old now. The problem is triggered by weather. When the weather is still (no breeze), she feels as if she is struggling harder to carry on doing her household chores than when the weather is breezy (the air is moving, not still). Perhaps because of her having two heart attacks - and having a stent implanted each time - she needs more oxygen for breathing than a normal healthy person. It happens almost daily. It is not any pain in chest, just inability to work, and occasionally (although not always) slight tightness in the chest. Do you think she may need to get her stents checked by x-rays or CT scanning ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
At the surgery, she was told that she has narrow arteries (which may indicate need for more oxygen, generally speaking).
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 13 days ago.

I would recommend you see your GP again so they can perform a repeat ECG and consider referral to your previous cardiologist for another review. If she is getting exhausted/tired with work and experiencing tightness she may have stable angina and need another angiogram.