How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PaulB Your Own Question
PaulB, Employment Services
Category: Job
Satisfied Customers: 621
Experience:  PaulB
Type Your Job Question Here...
PaulB is online now

I am qualified structural engineer, with MEng(hons) and have

This answer was rated:

I am qualified structural engineer, with MEng(hons) and have 20 years of experience in civil engineering industry (mainly building structures). I always wanted to get experience in offshore structural engineering but didn't even get an interview offer from the employer in oil and gas / offshore sectors.Any advise that may help me to break into the offshore sector will be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Hi Andy, hope you're doing wel.

Have you tried applying to the various jobs on places like Indeed?

Such as -

And/or specialized sites such as -

PaulB and other Job Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since 10 years ago. Although i am an expert in using the same FEA design software that offshore sector uses, but i have limited experience in that sector hence not being able to get any interview.