Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Has a small but 9 year old black cat recently neutered [fur

Has a small but 9 year old black cat recently neutered [fur not fully grown back] been notified to you as found?
Went missing 1st October.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. Sadly, this website would not receive reports of lost kitties here in the UK.

Now it isn't uncommon for cats with outdoor access to disappear due to exploring too far, getting lost, and misadventures. And it is quite possible for them to disappear for weeks before turning up home, in the local shelter, or vets.

I am glad to see you are putting up fliers and keeping an eye out. But I do want to provide a few more ideas and information to helping you find Alice because with rescues, local vets, and the occasional cat making it miles away from home can mean that your fliers get missed by those who might know where she is.

First things first, here is a very good resource for how to hunt for a lost cat is the Cat Chat (http://www.catchat.org/lost.html) website. I would advise having a read over and use this as your plan of attack.

You can also consider posting an ad in the newspaper. Most papers will list both lost and found cats, so it can be a useful outlet.

As well, the internet is a valuable resource and there are a number of databases that people can list lost cats, as well as those who have turned up without an owner. Register Alice as lost here, and include a photo if you can (it makes it much easier for people to realize who the cat they have seen might be). Check the found cats.

Animal Search UK: http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/

UK Missing Pet Register: http://www.nationalpetregister.org/mp.php

Cat Chat’s Database of Registers: http://www.catchat.org/lost.html#national

As you see the list is huge of potential registers for lost pets. As well, it is worth a quick scan through your local Gumtree and Preloved websites.

I would advise having a phone day, and ringing all of the:

These will be some of the common outlets a lost cat might be turned over to in your area.

As well, I would advise contacting all of the veterinary surgeries in your area. You can find them by entering your post code into the RCVS database (HERE) Often people bring stray cats into the vets. We will always scan them, so make sure if she has a microchip that his registered address is up to date. As well, if for whatever reason she doesn’t scan (or doesn't have a microchip, the vet will either keep them at the hospital or turn them over to the appropriate rehoming charity.

You have to keep up hope and keep looking. Because kitties do wander, but sometimes we can give a little help to getting them back home. It will take a lot of work, hunting down these leads, but I am sure she is worth it.

Best of luck in your hunt for your wee one.

I hope this information is helpful.
Please do let me know if you have any further questions.
If you have no further questions, feedback is always appreciated.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. If you are satisfied, please click the 4-5 stars or associated happy face so that I may receive credit for me assistance.