Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience.
14018973

my kitten ( 7 )months keeps using the lawn for his .He

my kitten ( 7 )months keeps using the lawn for his craps .He never buries his craps in the garden. If he uses the litter box (indoors ) he will bury his craps. What can I do to make him bury his craps when in the garden ?

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. This is a tough situation. Does he urinate in the garden and try to bury that?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I do not really know whether he urinates on the lawn.Possibly he does .He cannot dig up the lawn. He does try to rake it after a crap .he gets himself in a mess then .

As far as getting him to not use the lawn for a litter box, the best thing to do there is to provide a negative reaction to this. Basically catching him in the act and squirting him with a squirt gun would be very effective for this. It would help him to realize that doing that gets him a negative reward. When he uses the garden to go and buries it (this actually may improve as he gets older), then giving him a treat as a reward is needed to reinforce this. Being with him when he's outside to be in good observance is needed to help catch when he does the various acts. Getting him to bury the stools is something that some cats don't do well. But with him covering the ones inside, there is strong hope he'll do the same outside too with the rewards and time. Does this make sense?