How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. B. Your Own Question
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Category: Cat
Satisfied Customers: 22615
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
Type Your Cat Question Here...
Dr. B. is online now

hi Iam on benefits ,but my cat has very big sore lump hanging

This answer was rated:

hi Iam on benefits ,but my cat has very big sore lump hanging from her neck its just got bigger and bigger ,and I cannot afford to treat her is their some where I can take her in |london for some one on benefit in north london.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.


Good news!

If you are on benefits and are local to London, then there are some options to get help treating Pepsi's lump (which sounds to need some intervention to at least get him more comfortable).


First, if you are on council tax or housing benefits, then you are eligible for the PDSA. To find the PDSA nearest to you and confirm your eligibility, you can check HERE. Even if you are out of their catchment area, they will cover some costs of getting this addressed by the local vet.

Another option is the Blue Cross Veterinary Charity Hospital (HERE). They have 3 centers in London and even offer a mobile service to other areas in the capital on particular days. So, then too would be someone to contact.

As well, the Celia Hammond Trust (HERE) also provides low cost veterinary care to animals in the London area via their two clinics. And again animals belonging to those on benefits are welcome.

If the above aren't options, then I would advise contacting the local RSPCA branch (LINK ). The RSPCA does have some hospitals that they will see animals directly (ie Putney, East Finchley, search HERE), but if you are too far from an RSPCA hospital, then some branches can still help subsidize or even cover the costs of getting her help.

Overall, even with your being on benefits there is still help for Pepsi. Therefore, do consider contacting the above veterinary charities in London to get her help. It may mean a wee trek to get her out to them but it will be the best way to help her and address this nasty lump.


I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.


If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )

Dr. B. and other Cat Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help .

You are very welcome, Jane.

All the best for Pepsi,
Dr. B.