Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043
Cat

I just fed my kitten and noticed that there were what I think

are small fly eggs on... Show More
are small fly eggs on the spoon. I wash it every time i use it to feed him but there must have been a small bit of meat left on it.
If my kitten has ingested a fly egg will this harm him or will the egg be dissolved in his stomach acid?
Show Less
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

If that was a fly egg that he ingested it will not cause him any problems at all. Curious kittens especially outdoor kittens are constantly chasing and eating bugs without harm. If this was a fly egg your kitten should be perfectly fine.

I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan