Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat has been either attacked or in a fight. He is just

My cat has been either attacked or in a fight. He is just sitting upright, will not lie down and has numerous cuts. His nose looks quire severely cut .It looks also like he may have soiled himself. He is normally a cat with lots of personality & he is just sitting static. I am worried about infection and would like him seen today. Is there anyone I can call?

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Poor lad!

It does sound like he may be in pain and thus reluctant to move. Hopefully it is just bruising from a fight but if he is unable to even lay down, I'd be worried he may have been hit by a car. Therefore, do make sure his gums are pink (pale/white can be a sign of internal bleeding) and that his breathing rate is normal (<30 breaths per minute). Otherwise, in regards ***** ***** question, you absolutely can have him seen today. Some vets in our country have office hours today. As well, I wanted to mention that most practices have contingency plans for emergency care for their patients even when they are closed. Therefore, it is worth ringing the practice. If they are open, you can get in today. If they aren't, then they will likely have a message to direct you on contacting their out of hours service. And if you don't have a vet, you can find a local one via the RCVS Register (http://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/find-a-vet/) or Vets Now (http://www.vets-now.com/find-an-emergency-vet/) who are open all nights/weekends. In any case, if you wanted to get this checked out sooner then there are options to do so. And that way we can make sure there is no severe damage and get him onto kitty safe pain relief so he can feel better.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**