Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.

My cat has a lump, about 2-3mm on her chin. It seems to be

My cat has a white lump, about 2-3mm on her chin. It seems to be causing no pain or irritation to her, I don't believe she's noticed it. I noticed it there a couple of months ago and have monitored for changes, it has got very slightly bigger but otherwise no change.
What could this be?

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this white lump to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please see image attached

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oops, attached same image twice, here's a second

Excellent pics, thank you. This is a benign neoplasm consistent with a non-pigmented fibroma (15-26% of all feline skin tumors) or perhaps cystic in the form of an apocrine (sweat gland) cyst. Observation without treatment is reasonable. Surgical removal (a "shave biopsy") would be curative. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
as it is not worrying her at all and benign, it is safe to leave it alone and a vetinary visit is not necessary?

Correct. The general rule is that rapidly growing (doubling in size in a few months, e.g.), painful, ulcerated or bleeding growths or growths that bother either my patient or caretaker should be attended to by a vet. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.