Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I have an 8 year old cat who is losing fur - washing

I have an 8 year old cat who is losing fur - washing incessantly - now showing bare skin. Have had her injected against cat fleas etc no benefit. Can you suggest cause? Has been on steroids for possible allergy - no benefit.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you tell me where on Trouble's body she's been denuding herself and/or upload photos of these areas which you can do by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

When a steroid hasn't been of value, I need to consider food intolerance, mange mites, and psychogenic alopecia but I need to know where she's been washing herself to the extent to be more accurate for you.

errata: I need to consider food intolerance, mange mites, and psychogenic alopecia but I need to know where she's been washing herself to that extent to be more accurate for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you - I am taking her to a Vets this afternoon and hopefully they will look for signs of any of your suggestions.

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Repy was quick with good suggestions - grateful for response

Thank you for your kind words.