Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience.
14018973

Cat with droopy tail.. tender, but doesn't seem too

Cat with droopy tail.. tender, but doesn't seem too painful... I think he may have been in a fight

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. What is this guy's name? Is he an indoor / outdoor cat? Is he able to move the tail some?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Squeak
Outdoor
A little

Thank you for that information. How long has it been like this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Noticed last night and had to be out today. Still about the same
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still eating ok and friendly

Ok. In a situation like this, your suspicion for a possible injury that tail along the lines of a fight / bite definitely have to be there. With him being an outdoor, male cat - they can just get in a skirmish and get injured around the tail head region and look like this. AS far as what may further indicate this, swelling around the base of the tail. The best you can do for him at home at this time is to keep him in so he can have rest and good nutrition to see what his body is able to cope with. If swelling starts to happen or he seems to be getting worse, then a trip to the vet would be a good idea as they can then start him on some pain medication and / or antibiotics depending on what they find. He may have just had it hit or pulled and it needs time to quiet down.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks

No problem. I'm hoping for the best for him!