DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ yrs Experience. Int. Med, Emerg, Ultrasound, General Practice
20798050

I need help please and some advice on the notes our Vet has

I need help please and some advice on the notes our Vet has given to me.My 13yr old cat saw a vet today and had an Ultrasound, they found a lump. Is it cancerous?Clinic notes:Stools are normal in frequency and aspect, still vomiting continuously. Used to be on dry food but switched to wet food over 6 months ago. Starved since last night.
Mass felt as before mid-cause abdomen, hard, round, approx 4 cm diameter, non painful.
Bladder full but normal anatomy. Intestines NAD.
Large,round,echoic mass mid abdomen between bowels-possible lymph node?
Spleen normal size and no abnormal changes. Kidneys slightly small but no obvious changes in architecture. Liver architecture and size NAD. Although call bladder slightly enlarged and hyperechoic margins. Unable to visualise stomach.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I have been teaching veterinary ultrasound for over twenty years.

This report is not very complete so I am not confident in the scanners ability

That said I am suspicious that the mass they saw was a lymph node

Any way you can get me the images?

We need to have the mass aspirated and the cells submitted to a pathologist

Paul

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi,I've just called them but they aren't able to give me the scan pictures unfortunately.Thanks

Okay
Well that is disappointing

I would ask that they have a specialist scan the abdomen and do the aspirate/biopsy if neede

I dont feel comfortable with them doing that

Paul

Still there?

Paul

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry.
Just trying to decide what to do.I think I will take her to a different vet and get another opinion.I don't trust the vet she has seen today.Thanks for you help on this, I appreciate your time.

Good plan

Make sure the new one has access to an ultrasound specialist to do the scan OR that they are very proficient themselves

Please send me all reports and I will review

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open so you will not incur more charges

Paul

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's great, I'll be in touch
Thank you for your help.

Very welcome

Paul

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi,I was wondering if you could take a look at these blood tests as I'm not sure what they mean. The vet has said she has a very low blood count and can't be operated on.Thanks