Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

I have three cats one had to be put on a diet but now she

Customer Question

I have three cats one had to be put on a diet but now she has started to attack the other 2 the oldest one is getting worse she is 13 years she is attacking the younger one who is 18 months but the older one is slim for her breed what can I do.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 12 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

I would try asking your vet to prescribe Metabolic food... all cats can eat it. It helps change the metabolism so fatter cats can eat more food and still lose weight, so I suspect your overweight kitty will be happier on this food and less cranky.

http://www.hillspet.co.uk/en-gb/products/pd-feline-prescription-diet-metabolic-dry.html

It is by prescription only here in the USA, so you will have to check with your vet, but I think it would be a good option for your household to help prevent the fighting but continue the weight loss for your heavy one. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions or are not yet satisfied with my answer, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

Oh, good, I see that you were able to read my response. Do you have any questions?

Hi there, I see this is still in my "open questions", so I will continue following up with you every few days until I know that you have no more questions for me. To help signal to me whether or not we are done, please either rate my service (preferable), or say "thank you" to indicate that you are happy with my service and we are done talking for now, or please ask me more follow up questions. Thanks!