Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat Basil very unusually did a wee and a little diarrhoea

Customer Question

My cat Basil very unusually did a wee and a little diarrhoea poo inside the house this morning at around 5AM. I put him in the garden where he did another wee around 7.30am and he then refused to come back inside for his breakfast. On returning from work around 2pm Basil was still in the garden not wanting to come in. At around 3pm I went out and carried him in, put him on the bed where he has been sleeping on and off ever since. He very occasionally makes a loud miaow and gags. He has not touched his food today.
Should I call an emergency vet?
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Basil, please? I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dr Salkin
Thank you for your response, albeit being rather tardy.
Basil was very poorly last night but by the morning he had picked up enormously and was hungry for his breakfast. He has continued to improve all day without any wee/pooh accidents indoors and I hope the crisis is over.
I suspect he ate or drank something bad for him in the garden where we have a wildlife pond.
Thank you once again for replying.

Thank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.