Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I've been giving my cat fibre supplement in a pellet form

I've been giving my cat fibre supplement in a pellet form due to issues with his anal glands. It's been working great. However, he has now decided not to eat it anymore. Is there any powder forms available?

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you please tell me the active ingredient in that pellet?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's called Fibor by VetPlus. I'm in the UK. Psyllium seed husk, sugar beet fibre, course wheat bran, inulin, beta glucans, mannanoligosaccharides, kiwi fruit powder, flavouring, sodium chloride

Thank you. That's a bulk laxative. You can add psyllium seed in the form of Metamucil (or generics) dosed at 1 - 4 teaspoons per meal added to canned cat food. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.