Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Shes a very old lady - 19years - she is still eatng and

Customer Question

shes a very old lady - 19years - she is still eatng and drinking but if I thought she was in pain id do the right thing the outside of her eyes are very bloody and I'm wondering if shes gone blind
Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: puddles
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about puddles?
Customer: apart from her age - she is drinking a lot more and not making it outside to go to toilet any more - ive put a litter tray down for her which she is using - she also seems to have leesions around her eyes - just wanted some advice as to what it could be and if she is likely to be in pain
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Puddles. "...outside of her eyes are very bloody..." is unclear to me. Can you upload a photo(s) of her eyes to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it. I understand that it's late where you live and so you're welcome to return to this conversation when it's more convenient for you. I'm in the Pacific daylight time zone.