Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My female cat is in season and has vaginal discharge, whilst

My female cat is in season and has vaginal discharge, whilst I know this is generally normal if clear, there does appear to be redness to it

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. There may be no apparent discharge - in most cases due to the fastidious grooming habits of cats - or the discharge may be serous (serum-like/clear) or serosanguinous (serum + blood). The only abnormal discharge is pus which will be discolored and odiferous and indicate pyometra (infectious endometriosis) which then should prompt ovariohysterectomy (spaying). Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The discharge in fairness is wetness left behind after she has been sitting down for a while on a cushion. She is yet to be spayed, but this will be done in the near future, she has been lethargic most of yesterday, I have put this down to the heat and her being in season so have left a fan on to help keep her cool. She is eating drinking etc all OK.

I don't hear of any abnormality at this time. Thank you for the additional information and your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.