Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

We have a very old cat - she sheds her fur and you can

Customer Question

We have a very old cat - she sheds her fur and you can sometimes see her skin. It eventually regrows.Sometimes she has a few scabs - they eventually disappear..Do you have any advice..
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of represnetative skin to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Regretfully, your description can indicate any number of skin disorders in cats. Hopefully, if I can see what you're seeing, I'll be able to narrow down the possible causes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello,I hope this image helps.Many thanks

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Regretfully, the photo is out of focus and overexposed and I can't assess it properly. I believe I see a patch of missing fur on her right flank but I can't appreciate her skin. I understand that it can be difficult taking these pictures. I'd be pleased to look at another try.