Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 47 years of experience.
55012488

My cat 14 years old is crying, I’ve found her in the same

Customer Question

My cat 14 years old is crying, I’ve found her in the same place as I left her this morning swinging in pee
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about 14 Years Old?
Customer: She vomited with blood 2 months ago
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your elderly cat, please?

Is "swinging" in pee, sitting in pee? If so, if a fastidious cat is so weak as to not move away from urine after urinating, a cat is critically ill and in need of the attention of her vet at your earliest convenience. The cause of her crying is unclear at this time and so her vet will want to perform a complete physical exam including fasted (for at least 4 hours prior to a blood draw; never restrict water, however) diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests. We're mainly concerned with degenerative disorders such as chronic kidney disease and neoplasia (cancer) in cats of her age.