Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My almost 12 year old cat Lily just threw up a pool of (no

Customer Question

HI. My almost 12 year old cat Lily just threw up a pool of spit (no food,no foam, just a pool of spit) that is pink tinged. She seems absolutely fine--she's playnig with cat toys, drinking water, eating.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Nothing unusual. In early July our 16 year odl cat Bob was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, and all four cats (ages 10, 12, 14, and 16) now eat K/D wet and dry. None of the cats seemed to have an adverse reaction as we migrated to this food.
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Lily.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lily?
Customer: In February 2018 I was given birthday flowers with lilies, and I did not know they were poisonous. Lily chewed a leaf and promptly threw it up. After reading bout the toxicity I called our vet and brought her in and they perfused her with fluids to flush kidney. She had no adver reaction to the treatment and has been perfectly normal since then. This is the only odd thing in her history.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  DocPaul replied 1 month ago.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

Call if you want to chat by phone, otherwise ignore requests :)

Call costs 28.00 just so you know

Phone call allows for faster and more accurate and detailed answer

To send a photo use the paperclip on toolbar or the add file button

Just the one vomit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Two--one right after the other.