Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Am from the Sunderland area in the north east and my female

Hi Pearl I'm Elaine Britton I am from the Sunderland area in the north east and my female cat had got out in the garden and she wondered off a few doors down but she hasn't returned and it's not like her at all I've been calling out to her and no sign of her also I've put poster's up on the lamp posts and in my local shop but still no luck could you give me some advice please and also I got her microchipped about 2 years ago but I moved house and I forgot to let the vets know I gave her to my mam because I wasn't allowed pets.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is this new behavior?
Customer: Yes this is what is worrying me and my family
Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: No she got spayed at the same time she got the chip but i have lost the paperwork I had with the microchip number on

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Okay thank you

Sorry to hear this, hopefully she has just got shut in somewhere and will return soon. Posters are certainly a good start, I would also contact all local vets and animal shelters to report her missing and to give a description of her in case she does get handed in. The vets that implanted the microchip can give you the microchip number and details so you can update your contact details with the microchip company in case she is found and scanned.

I hope that she returns soon. Let me know if you need any further advice.

Chris

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I haven't got that money today sorry but I've been ringing the local PDSA and the woman on the phone hung up on me and we are keep ringing them but no one answers

Sorry what money are you referring to? You're local vets should keep a register of lost/found pets free of charge

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Dr Chris I found my cats microchip number but the company was shut by the time I found it so is there anywhere else I could try and find her with her number

Is your cats microchip registered via Petlog? If so they have at 24hr phone line. Also see https://www.petlog.org.uk/pet-keeper/lost-and-found-pets-content/lost-content/advice-for-missing-or-lost-pets-content/

I hope that helps and you get some news of her soon

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I forgot the log on details and my mobile number has changed

Ok, give them a call and I'm sure they will be able to help you

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Okay thank you I'll try and phone them again thank you for your help you have been a great help I really hope we can find her soon it's been two weeks now
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help

You're welcome, I know how worrying it must be but try not to give up hope - cats have been known to return after much longer periods away

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Have they? And I won't give up I can promise you that Dr Chris my mam is convinced someone has her and they haven't brought her back and that she had followed a white cat who lives near by but we have knocked on everyone's door and no one has seen her but I will phone the number up again and I've got my fingers crossed we will find her and thank you again

Yes certainly, sometimes even after several months. Fingers crossed

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Wow I didn't know that mind but thank you I will let you know if we find because you have helped me so much

No problem