Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Our 4-month old kitten has a very small, black sort of

Hello - Our 4-month old kitten has a very small, black sort of 'growth' on his nostril. There may also be a similar black mark growing on the other nostril. He shows no sign of distress but obviously I am worried. It isn't, as I first thought, dirt from food. Thanks. *****: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: No - he is otherwise very healthy - has been vaccinated etc.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Would you be able to send me a photo of the area you are concerned about? You can attach a file using the paperclip icon, thanks.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I will try - not easy though! Will get back asap. Cheers ***** *****
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I tried to take a photo but failed. Really hard with a little wriggly kitten!
Cheers, Pat

Hi Pat, maybe wait until he is asleep to try? I really need to see what you are looking at to be able to give you the correct advice.

Chris

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok Chris
Will do. Cheers.

Ok I'll keep any eye out for it

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi Chris
I am going to try to attach 3 photos to this mail to show you Fingal's nostril. Not sure what you will make of them though... Cheers, Pat (I may need to send 3 separate emails)

Thanks for those, assuming that this is not a piece of dried mucous/snot then I expect it is an area of pigmented skin. Sometimes these will develop as black spots as the cat reaches adulthood and are.nothing to be concerned about :)

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks very much for this reassurance, Chris. My mind is at rest now. Take care - Pat

You're welcome.

If I could just trouble you to accept my answer and leave me a rating using the stars at the top of the screen. It enables Just Answer to credit me for my time.