Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

5 days ago our cat (3 y.o., moggy, male, neutered) showed

Customer Question

Hi! 5 days ago our cat (3 y.o., moggy, male, neutered) showed several signs of discomfort when urinating (too often uses the litter box, leaving there only few drops, urinating in a bathtub). We took him to the vet, the vet said no need to make a urine or blood test, stones are not likely either as the cat was not vocal when she touched his tummy). But the only medicine prescribed is gabapentin for 2 weeks. For the first two days the cat was better, but now again spent literally 4 hours around the letter box going inside every several minutes and not producing any urine or just a bit. What should I do now? Our vet is closed for weekend
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Finik
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: No, that's it
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 19 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 19 days ago.

I would advise taking your cat to an emergency vet today. The risk in these cases is that they can go from having cystitis to having an actually blockage preventing urination, a check at the vets is needed to see if this is the case. Hopefully it isn't and he just requires so extra anti-inflammatory pain relief, but he does need to be checked today.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you ned any further help or advice.

Chris

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 14 days ago.

Just checking how your cat is getting on now?