How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chris Your Own Question
Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Category: Cat
Satisfied Customers: 878
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
Type Your Cat Question Here...
Dr Chris is online now

I have recently returned from a big Cancer Operation and

Customer Question

Hi I have recently returned from a big Cancer Operation and discovered that one my cats needs most if his teeth extracting and other dental work - I am on Single Person Council Tax Discount but no other Benefits. I have applied for some help from the Blue Cross and the PDSA towards costs as I'm not able to work yet after my Operation but they can't help because I'm not in any other Benefit. The Minimum I will have to pay is Around £330 at Easy Pet Care Derby. I've already paid £81 for Antibiotics / Pain Relief & a Consultation. The Operation is Urgent. Thankyou. Paul Caseman Leicestershire
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: Yes he has a slight heart murmur 2/6
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live in the UK Midlands
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you have contacts in the UK ?
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.

Sorry to hear of this situation, assuming the price you have been given includes pain relief, fluids, antibiotics etc if needed, them in my opinion it is actually a very reasonable price and you will struggle to find anything cheaper. Indeed it is probably around £200 cheaper than my practice can offer.

If you are unable to obtain any charity assistance then you could look for a practice owned by the CVS group as they offer a scheme offering fixed price dentals if you subscribe to a monthly pet health scheme (max fixed price is £410).

My only other solution would be to find a practice which may be willing to allow you to pay the balance by installments. Most practices will not routinely offer this and legally they cannot offer payment plans beyond 3 months in duration.

I hope this helps? Good luck, I help you manage to get him the help he needs.


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.

You're welcome. Feel free to message again if you need any further help or advice.