Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

My cat Spikey suffers from ear mites,but this is worst its

hi there my cat Spikey suffers from ear mites,but this is worst its been,he has small lumps all around his ears.He wont let me near him to treat him,ive tried with powder and various other treatments but as soon as he sees something in my hand he runs id appreciate your advice please
JA: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations your cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: spikey hes 8yrs old.Can I say I cant get out as im on oxygen 24,7.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Spikey?
Customer: hes had ear mites on and off since I rescued him at cats protection 4 yrs ago/
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
Do you have more than one pet ? Can you send any pictures of the ears or sores for me to review ?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have another male cat aged 6 yrs hes got little scratching,i cant get near spikey when hes poorly he goes under my bed,ive been giving him calming treats and hes eating drinking etc,its like small white bubbles around inside of his ears and he has bald patch on outside of ear,they are inflamed and hes scratching constant and shaking his head.

For ear mites we can use a topical flea and tick product like Frontline Plus, once a month. However we may be dealing with more a secondary bacterial and yeast infection in the ear canals, if you would be able to provide a picture for me to assess how the ears look, I can provide advice for this also. Have you ever used monthly flea and tick products on your cats?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. And yes I've tried flea&tick treatment
Will it be possible to send picture of the ears ? I can help then to make a plan to get the ears healthier than for you.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok will try and send pics.Thank You so much
You are welcome. We will get him feeling better
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Give me about 5 minutes. I need to open these pictures on my laptop. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok brilliant you're so kind.
Just having to restart my tablet. It is being slow.). Are all of your cats now on flea products currently ?
Computer is slow to restart. May be a bit longer. It is now configuring )
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No as can't get near him!!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Know the feeling!
He will not even allow you to place the drops on his back ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If I catch him quick I could
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He senses when I'm up to something!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've got one of the spot on drops
For the ear mites. If we can use a topical flea product like Frontline once a month this will break and clear the ear mites. Need to treat all all the pets in the household to break the cycle. Computer is only 13 configured. It might. Be longer for the photos yet. Thanks for the patience
Do you have the name of the spot on one you have ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Er it's called beophar
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Fibrotec 50mg
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Beaphar
FIprotec has finronil it. This will also
Kill ear mites. This will be a good product to apply monthly to help with the eradicating the ear mites
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Oh thank goodness love&lightThank you
46 percent configured) computer is almost halfway there
Now for the ears. Once I see the pictures. Will you be able to
Apply any products to the ears if we need too?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'll try now brb.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Managed it but am in bed books!!!
Great. Good job!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your advice you've out my mind at rest