Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

He is limping on his right front paw.It doesn't stop him

He is limping on his right front paw.It doesn't stop him from jumping up and down a number of times a day, table near window, sofa, chair.I thought at first he might have jarred it but as he is 15 I am not sure. I have indicated it to his vet and she has observed him. Suggested I ask a pet shop for assistance and that was all,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No not as far as I know. He lives as an indoor cat as we are near a busy road and I lost a cat eight years ago. Also we are next to an industrial estate.
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Sam
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sam?
Customer: No, his last visit to the vet was for a yearly innoculation. He is neutured.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear that Sam had this problem with his paw. Can I ask how long he has been limping for? Has your vet examined him for this problem yet and was any treatment prescribed?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He has been seen by the vet twice, who thought it might be arthritis or possibly jarred his leg jumping down. I was told to see what was available from pet shops. I am about to phone the vet again and see what is recommended.

Ok. At this stage xrays of the leg my be suggested or a trial of an anti inflammatory pain relief, either would potentially be an appropriate course of action but will require close follow up and input from your vet to ensure that he is responding appropriately to treatment.

Let me know how you get on and if you need any further advice.

Chis