Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is 20.Coat dull and lifeless..appetite great but has

she is 20.Coat dull and lifeless..appetite great but has lost weight .lossing lots of hair, more than normal. also shouts and roars a lot
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name?
Customer: tillie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tillie?
Customer: we lost her litter mate,olliver 18 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am unable to make phone calls, so if that is what you want, let me know, and I can opt-out to allow another expert who can make calls to take over. Any phone call request from my end comes from the website and not myself. It is very likely there is some degree of dementia, but the first thing I would be looking for is hyperthyroidism. If there is any increase in drinking and/or urination, diabetes and kidney problems are possible as well. In many cases, there can be a combination of issues. My best advice at this point is to have your vet run some blood work and a possible urinalysis to determine what can be going on. They most likely won't find anything that can be cured, but more than likely will be able to manage it to some degree. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. Please be patient, as it may take a few minutes to write up a well thought out response for you. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT AT THE TOP RIGHT CORNER. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation (rating me now does not close your question). If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
confirmed what i was thinking. i don't want to fight her every day to take meds.i don't know what to do

Yes, that can be very difficult with cats, and you have to consider her age at this point as well. Would it be more stressful for her to try to get medications into her regularly for whatever time she has left or just let things take its course and consider euthanasia if the quality of life is getting bad? That is definitely something you need to consider. Sometimes we can make life worse for them trying to treat certain illnesses at that age. Let me know if you have any other concerns.