Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

She had her eye heart for a day, she didn't open it

Hello, she had her eye heart for a day, she didn't open it completely. It was Saturday and the local vet was out of office. Today, Sunday night at my country, her eye is wide open like the other but the iris has a lighter colour!!! My vet is back at office tomorrow morning!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: I'm scared. I think she got in a fight with other cats at the yard, Friday night. I show her keeping her eye semi closed Saturday morning.
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: The behaviour is ok, the color of the eye is different
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I saw her

Hi there, this is Dr. Sara. Do you think you could take a picture and send to me? You would have to attach with the paperclip above this box.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sending you one where it kind of shows that it's different
To get a pick I used the cellphone torch and in the light the heart eye seems green!!!

Alright, I will watch for it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
where's the paperclip I can't see it

Are you typing from a phone or a computer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I managed
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Away from intense light it seems black, but when I look close I can see that it's almost grey, lighter than the other

Is it her right eye? The green is the tapetal reflex. I don't see any blood. Can you take one more where you are holding the lids open a bit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
her right eye. The other eye doesn't get green in the light, I assure you. I watched it. She's very nervous right now, I don't know if I can hold her lids open...

Alright, I don't want her to get mad at you. The right eye may be greener if the pupil is dilated. This would happen with pain. It could be that there is a scratch on the cornea or some other inflammatory issue. From the picture, I don't see any blood or anything that looks really unusual. I don't think you need to take her somewhere on emergency. Can you get her in with your vet tomorrow to have the eye examined?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I have something
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this. Yes I'll take her tomorrow.

It looks like it is hyperreflective. This can happen with hypertension. Is she a senior cat? Either way, I think she can wait until tomorrow but your vet may want to do blood work, blood pressure as well as check the eye.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she's a kitten...6 months

Ok good. You will learn more when your vet can examine closely but it looks like you can wait until tomorrow.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She had a surgery, sterilization, 12 days ago

It could also be dilated and hypereflective due to pain. I have a feeling she has a corneal ulcer and this is whey it is so dilated. Your vet will stain the eye to diagnose this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you. Since she's not blinded or something I'm relieved.

No, I don't think so. You will have everything tested and figured out with your vet. Have a nice night!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** nice night you too